In today’s digitized world, the importance of a robust IT infrastructure to ensure the smooth running of a business’s operations is immense. Without a powerful and well-designed tech environment, organizations would constantly struggle to compete effectively in the market.
However, building and maintaining an efficient IT infrastructure is no mean feat. It requires detailed planning and careful consideration of a range of factors by chief product officers of the company.
In this post, we will explore the key aspects you need to take care of while establishing and maintaining a secure tech infrastructure.
Table Of Contents:
- Define your Goals and Requirements
- Get an Assessment Done
- Establish Strong IT Policies
- Secure Your Network
- Build a Backup
What is IT Infrastructure?
IT or tech infrastructure of an organization comprises hardware, software, frameworks, network systems, and other facilities that enable seamless IT services delivery to various business units and help maintain its digital presence.
With over 75% of businesses looking to upgrade their outdated infrastructure today to leverage the latest technologies such as AI, ML, automation, and blockchain, robust tech infrastructure can act as a significant competitive advantage for any organization.
Other than businesses, having a strong IT infrastructure is also crucial for educational technology companies or any organization operating in the K12 sector. It not only streamlines the process of development and launch of educational products but also serves as a foundation for ongoing success.
Building Blocks of a Secure It Infrastructure
When it comes to essential building blocks of the robust cloud-based infrastructure that every business is built on, here are the most important ones-
- Hardware– This includes physical servers, computers and end-user devices (laptops, tablets, smartphones), routers, firewall devices, network switches, etc.
- Software– It includes your CRM tools, productivity tools (Office 365, Google Workspace), or enterprise resource planning tools (such as SAP).
- Network– This includes network elements like LAN and WAN along with internet connection, VoIP, switches, routers, and more.
- People– This includes the end users, network and system administrators, developers, and programmers.
The elements mentioned above put together make a strong foundation of a powerful IT infrastructure for any business. As far as the K12 sector is concerned, technology managers need to develop a comprehensive strategy that fulfills the unique dynamics of the education sector.
5 Ways to Establish and Maintain a Secure Tech Infrastructure
Below are the top ways chief product officers can use to establish and maintain a secure tech infrastructure:
1. Define Your Goals and Requirements
The first and foremost step in designing a solid IT infrastructure is gaining a detailed and thorough understanding of your organization’s specific goals and requirements in the context of business.
The process involves the identification of priorities and expectations for overall system performance and security. Identifying and defining these objectives allows you to select the appropriate and relevant solutions for building and maintaining a proper technology infrastructure.
2. Get an Assessment Done
One of the other most important requirements for a secure IT infrastructure is to get a thorough assessment done. The partner or provider you will reach out to for your infrastructure will first make a thorough assessment of your organization.
This will allow them to identify the missing elements along with the things that need to be upgraded. This stage also gives you the opportunity to discuss strategies and plans to execute a reliable infrastructure properly.
3. Establish Strong IT Policies
Strong IT policies are a great way to inform your staff regarding the best practices for securing critical business data and the company’s network. Some of these policies include:
- Using strong passwords: Weak passwords can make it simple for hackers to access your network. Make sure your staff members consistently utilise difficult-to-guess, strong passwords to prevent this.
- Updating your software regularly: Regularly updating software such as operating systems, firmware, and other applications can help you prevent security issues from being exploited.
- Monitoring network traffic: Make sure to keep an eye out for any strange activity in your network traffic on a frequent basis. This can assist you in identifying possible security risks so you can respond appropriately.
In the K12 sector specifically, educational companies can utilize digital textbook platforms like KITABOO to ensure that they are in alignment with the required IT policies to facilitate a collaborative and streamlined learning approach.
4. Secure Your Network
Cybersecurity is one of the major concerns today for both businesses and k-12 educational institutions. Data also suggests that cybercrime is estimated to cost victims a whopping $10.5 trillion per year by 2025.
Securing the network of your company’s or educational institute’s devices and data is the best way to combat the issue.
Some of the effective ways you can use to secure your network from such cyber threats are:
- Secure various network elements, including switches, computers, and other devices, to avoid a security breach
- Constantly monitor your network and devices for cyber threats
- Think of taking a managed broadband solution for continuous network management
5. Build a Backup
Data loss can be quite dangerous to the tech operations of any business. Failing to have data backup at some safe place where it can be easily accessed and restored can set back an organization for months.
This makes it important for the tech partner you choose to be able to help you to create an efficient plan for data loss prevention. This should also be coupled with maintenance and extra technical support that the business might need when this happens.
A robust cloud-based infrastructure can be instrumental in enabling you to run your business efficiently and boost your operations. This can then lead to your company gaining a competitive advantage over other players in the industry.
If you wish to strengthen your IT infrastructure further and explore the full potential of interactive learning, collaborate with a digital textbook platform like KITABOO. This will not only help you enhance the user experience but will also allow you to position your brand as the market leader in driving tech innovations.
Write to us at KITABOO@hurix.com for more details!
You May Also Like