Here are 8 Compelling Reasons To Adopt E-Learning Tools And Technology
E-learning has redefined the knowledge and skill acquisition landscape.
Studies reveal that over 41.7% percent of global Fortune 500 companies are today using e-learning technology to instruct employees and this figure is likely to rise steadily in the near future. A report by IBM states that companies who incorporate e-learning tools and strategies can potentially boost productivity by up to 50% and that for every $1 a company spends, it can boost productivity by $30.
Regardless of the budget and the size of your staff, as a corporate, publisher, or an institution, you can reap rich dividends by moving your training online to the e-learning platform.
If the above figures have got you thinking,
Here are 8 compelling reasons to prove how e-learning tools can help you reduce training costs, improve productivity, and reduce employee turnover rates:
- Reduce training costs – By adopting e-learning software, you can eliminate the costs for printed training material as employees can find all the information they need on an online training platform. Yes, an initial investment in a cloud-based e-learning software is involved, however, the upkeep costs are minimal when compared to the manual learning tools. E-learning eliminates the need for onsite instructors which means that you can further bring down costs since you don’t have to pay for their services and travel and accommodation.
- Deploy content rapidly – Rather than wait for training material to be printed, you can simply upload it and share across your organization. To illustrate with an example, you notice that your offshore sales staff need some additional training based on recent figures. You can use the web conferencing feature of the software to rapidly develop and deploy a webinar on the core skills and instantly share with the staff via the Internet.
- Access information, anytime and anywhere – Offer your employees the opportunity to access information anywhere and at the time when they most need it. For instance, an employee needs to recollect steps to offer a customer refund – the person can simply log in to the relevant e-learning module, access the steps and serve the customer satisfactorily. Needless to say, an informed employee can ensure higher customer satisfaction and better business practices.
- Learn at your own pace – E-learning tools allow you to learn at your own pace, i.e., you can revisit a learning module several times to clarify doubts and fully grasp its objectives. Contrast this to a traditional setting where all learners are rushed through the modules in a classroom or you to move at the same pace as your co-learners. E-learning, therefore, gives each learner the opportunity to fully absorb the information, gain the necessary skills at each level of the training and then move on to the next module.
- Improve skill retention – E-learning software is built to provide a more interactive, engaging experience through reality-based scenarios and games. They also have in-built assessment features that enable staff to digest information effectively and test in a virtual environment before implementing in real-time.
- Simple and quick updates – If you wish to update or add a training module or policy and inform the staff about the changes, you don’t have to print manuals, reference guides, or letters. A few clicks of a mouse is all that it takes to add the updates in the e-learning software and send alerts to the employees making it mandatory for them to log in and learn about the new procedures or policies. You can also add links to articles, webinars, videos, and references that they need to stay update, fine-tune their skills, and beat the competition.
- Reduce employee turnover rate – By giving your employees regular training and self-paced learning modules, you can further their professional goals and keep them motivated to improve their on-the-job performance. The self-paced and self-evaluate training modules allow them to pinpoint their grey areas and find their core strengths and thus become better employees and better advocates of your brand.
- Contribute to the cause of the environment – A recent study by Britain’s Open University reveals that e-learning is very eco-friendly and consumes 90% less energy than traditional courses. It also reduces CO2 emissions (per student) by up to 85%. At a time when rising pollution levels are a global concern, as a socially responsible company, you can do your bit to save the environment
Liked what you read? Send us your feedback or ask for a demo of KITABOO here.
DISCOVER HOW A MOBILE-FIRST TRAINING PLATFORM CAN HELP YOUR ORGANIZATION
Kitaboo is a cloud-based platform to create, deliver & track mobile-first interactive training content.
You May Also Like
How Can an Employee Onboarding Software Fill Your Orientation Gaps?
Employee Training / December 10, 2019
Latest posts by Snehnath Neendoor (see all)
- 5 Ways to Create Effective Interactive Training Content - September 4, 2022
- Corporate Training & Development Trends to Watch Out for in 2022-23 - September 1, 2022
- 5 White Label Learning Platforms to Consider for Employee Training - August 28, 2022
Leave a Comment