Teaching methods have evolved. The Digital revolution has laid new paths for training and thus, enterprises are coming up with effective ways to deliver corporate training.
Organizations are using corporate training videos today; not to entertain their staff, but to educate them. Videos are considered to be the most efficient way to get the message across to your audience. They communicate through captivating visuals that hold the learner’s attention. This is what makes video training more effective than regular classroom training.
Reasons to switch to video-based training
- 78% of people watch online videos every week
- 55% view online videos daily
- Today’s workforce is tech-savvy
- Video is the most preferred format for content consumption
- Video training supports multisensory learning
Once enterprises decide to leverage the power of videos to train their employees, they must find a suitable medium to deliver this content. Merely creating a corporate training video would not suffice. It must reach your target audience, i.e. your employees, and effectively convey the message. An effective corporate training program is essential to upskill your workforce.
Also Read: 6 Best Remote Training Tools for Modern-Day Learners
Here are the top 5 effective ways to deliver corporate training videos
- Mobile Devices
- Instructor-led training
- Computer-based Training
- Augmented Reality Enabled Platform
The term webinar is an amalgamation of ‘web’ and ‘seminar’. It’s an online seminar that is attended by multiple people. The participants can see a video of the trainer talking on screen, or a slideshow or screencast on the trainer’s screen.
Webinars form an effective way to deliver corporate training videos because of the following advantages.
- Cost-effective training for a larger audience across geographies
- Encourages interaction with the trainer through polls, chats, Q&A sessions
- Best way to enhance your brand value
- Builds a stronger employee-employer relationship
- Quickest way to share information to a large audience
With enterprises coming up with offices at different locations, it would seem impractical to keep sending trainers across offices to deliver training sessions. The most practical and cost-effective way in this scenario is to conduct webinars. Webinars are one of the most effective ways to deliver corporate training videos as you can connect with all your employees across workplaces in real-time.
Also Read: Corporate Training Apps: Improving Employee Productivity
2. Mobile-based Devices:
Mobile devices accounted for 58% of all videos watched globally. Using mobile devices as a medium to deliver corporate training videos will guarantee employees’ attention, provided it is a well-made video with quality content.
Further benefits of using mobile-based devices for delivery of corporate training videos are –
- Flexibility to learners – Learning anywhere, anytime
- Promotes bite-sized learning
- Responsive design & 24×7 availability
- Higher completion rates
- Collaborative learning
- Personalized learning paths
- Supports gamification and animation
To ensure high effectivity of your corporate training videos, their format should be compatible with all operating systems with high-quality audio and videos.
3. Instructor-led Training:
While an instructive video such as a ‘how-to-video’ or a ‘demo video’ might provide the employees with the knowledge to perform a particular task, it might not necessarily be sufficient for them to understand the detailed technicalities. This is where instructor-led training can prove quite handy to deliver corporate training videos as it helps to –
- Deliver an immersive learning experience
- Adapt to different learning styles
- Simplify high-risk jobs and complex skills
- Get quick answers from experts
- Improve performances with immediate feedback
People do understand things by watching, but having someone to explain it further proves helpful when it’s a complex subject.
4. Computer-based Training:
While videos viewed on mobile devices are short and to the point, certain videos are quite long and mobile devices might not be the best option to deliver these corporate training videos. Using a desktop or laptop can prove to be a better option to deliver corporate training videos that are quite explanatory.
Other benefits of CBT are as follows:
- Easy deployment and scheduling of training modules
- Detailed analysis to track learner’s progress
- Enhances competitiveness
- Flexible, comfortable, tireless
- Supports simulations, gamification, and scenario-based learning
5. Augmented Reality Enabled Platform:
Using augmented reality for delivering corporate training videos provides employees with a better understanding of the concepts. It brings real-world objects to life with the help of computer-generated 3D graphics.
Using augmented reality to deliver corporate training videos can prove quite beneficial as it –
- Creates a visual learning environment
- Ensures overall skill development
- Encourages real-time knowledge application
- Promotes real-world problem solving
- Enhances engagement levels
- Improves information retention and recall value
AR videos can be viewed only on AR-enabled platforms such as mobiles and tablets. Employees can use an AR-enabled device and point at an object to discover enhanced content. It empowers your employees to actively engage in the training process.
As an enterprise, you must decide the most efficient and cost-effective medium to deliver training to your employees. A video is an effective mode of making people understand things quickly. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video format, compared to 10% when reading text. With corporate training videos, you can measure the effectiveness of your training through immediate feedback and close analysis of video consumption through metrics like views and shares. Video-based training will help your workforce to develop and enhance their skills, increase productivity, and contribute to your organization’s revenue.
DISCOVER HOW A MOBILE-FIRST TRAINING PLATFORM CAN HELP YOUR ORGANIZATION
Kitaboo is a cloud-based platform to create, deliver & track mobile-first interactive training content.
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Snehnath Neendoor (see all)
- 5 Ways to Create Effective Interactive Training Content - September 4, 2022
- Corporate Training & Development Trends to Watch Out for in 2022-23 - September 1, 2022
- 5 White Label Learning Platforms to Consider for Employee Training - August 28, 2022