With the introduction and evolution of newer technologies, jobs are getting more complicated and skill oriented resulting in tasks that are difficult to manage. This is where functions like corporate training come in. Technology-enhanced corporate training is preferred by organizations since all records and training material can be digitized and stored at a central location preferably on cloud-based storage systems. This allows delivery of relevant employee training and development material to a global audience; accessible from the device of choice. Corporate training scenarios ensure organizations get optimum utilization of human resources hence yielding better Return on investment (ROI).
Learning and development professionals are always in search of methods to deliver corporate training material which not only helps in up-skilling but is also relevant to an employee’s daily job tasks. Another major challenge is delivering value through training programs which leads to maximum productivity, interest, and engagement.
An effective method of delivering corporate training and development programs can make a big difference when it comes to engagement and retention of training information. Inefficiency in selecting the ideal channel and vehicle of training content delivery can lead to problems like loss of clients, inefficient time management, and drop in productivity.
Most forward-thinking organizations have realized the value digital content delivery systems provide by distributing and providing accessibility of content on the go. Some organizations still prefer delivering content via older methods like slides or printed material with minimum technology integration due to increased costs and reluctance to change.
Is your corporate training method a good fit for your organization/workforce?
While creating and delivering training content, L&D professionals have to take care of the vehicles they select to deliver content for corporate training. One size may not fit all; some employees prefer instructor-led training and some prefer a more online and on-the-go kind of training system. It also depends on the task for which training is conducted.
Creating digital employee training material and delivering it along are altogether different things. Quality digital content can boost engagement, but an inefficient content delivery system and vehicle make training a tedious task for employees.
L & D and training professionals have to keep the following things in mind while evaluating and selecting a training delivery method:
- Offline vs online accessibility
- Multimedia content
- Length of the content
After the advent of eLearning, content transformation technologies and digital publishing platforms, L & D professionals can create and deliver mobile-ready content. With a range of variations in the training material, it can receive better engagement, retention resulting in enhanced productivity.
Let’s have a look at some of the top corporate training content delivery systems and vehicles accepted by most organizations: -
- Interactive eBooks: One of the most preferred methods of delivering training content to employees is eBooks. With digital publishing platforms and their cost-effective automated PDF to eBook conversion process. Creating mobile-ready content with features like embedded multimedia, interactive elements and augmented reality makes the training content engaging and rich.
- Video-based Training: Video-based training is a preferred method of delivering content for corporate training. Videos are an effective tool to deliver a realistic experience to trainees. Demerits of video-based training content are the investment it requires and its limited applications.
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality-enhanced Digital Content: Augmented reality and virtual reality-based training delivery systems provide the most contextually relevant and enjoyable method of delivering training. These technologies as a solo training delivery vehicle can be expensive for both creating as well as distribution.
- Instructor-led Training and Online Learning: Employees based at the same location can be trained by the instructor-led training approach; it improves the retention but restricts accessibility post-training sessions. When employees operating from remote locations are considered, online delivery of content is preferred since it provides a better ROI and personalization capabilities with the mobile-ready corporate training material.
- Blended Learning: A popular method of delivering content for learning, Blended learning is a combination of both online, as well as the physical instructor-led training delivery systems. Organizations can deliver supporting training material post the instructor-led training sessions.
- Learning Management System LMS: Learning management system is an organization-wide portal which enables L & D professionals to deliver training modules. Using an LMS enables distribution, documentation, administration, analyzing and reporting of elearning modules. The functionality of LMS can be enhanced by mobile-ready content, cloud-based delivery, and offline accessibility functionalities. Many class leading LMSs manage mobile learning, microlearning, gamification along with several other types of content delivery models.
- Microlearning: Microlearning is more than a buzzword in the learning and development scenario. It involves delivering bite-sized focused digital learning assets which are cost-effective to create and deliver just the necessary information. It provides benefits like just in time learning, personalization, accessibility and much more.
- Gamification: Augmenting the effect of an existing process by integrating game mechanics provides an enjoyable training experience by creating an interactive training experience. This technology can provide better retention for employee training programs; but is an expensive alternative with limited applications.
- Mobile Learning: Creating mobile-ready learning content that can be accessed while not onsite, from devices like smartphones, desktops. Mlearning provides advantages like better accessibility, better time management and opportunity to train at own pace.
- MOOC: MOOCs are online learning courses which offer free and open registration to courseware on a large scale. Organizations are using MOOCs to provide online training without affecting their bottom-line.
Should you update to technology-enhanced training content and a new content delivery system?
Organizations need to identify the key problem areas and identify which type of content as well as a channel can yield a better Return of Investment.
Making the switch from traditional types of content and delivery vehicles can make a big difference in terms of the ROI, productivity, and engagement with training content. Technology-assisted training content, as well as delivery vehicles, clearly have the potential to provide content which is more engaging as well as easier to retain.
Organizations from all over the world are teaming up with digital publishing platforms to create interactive eBooks converted from legacy content. These mobile ready eBooks are then delivered through either Learning Management System or a mobile application integrated with the LMS.
DISCOVER HOW A MOBILE-FIRST TRAINING PLATFORM CAN HELP YOUR ORGANIZATION
Kitaboo is a cloud-based platform to create, deliver & track mobile-first interactive training content.
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Snehnath Neendoor (see all)
- 5 Ways to Create Effective Interactive Training Content - September 4, 2022
- Corporate Training & Development Trends to Watch Out for in 2022-23 - September 1, 2022
- 5 White Label Learning Platforms to Consider for Employee Training - August 28, 2022
Leave a Comment